Sunday, October 5, 2008

Visits, visits and more visits






We've had a busy few weeks here at the Spence household. Jack and I continue our 3 day a week workout, plus story time and mommy and me. We love getting out of the house and meeting new people. School is keeping me busy, my first class will be done next Tuesday, which is exciting, but I start a new one on Thursday, so it is short lived. I should be writing a paper, but procrastination has always worked fairly well for me. I love how this class is already making me take a step back and re-evaulate my thoughts and feelings on things. However, if anything, I think I am getting pushed further to the left....Luke calls me a radical, which, quite frankly, I'm proud of. But, enough about politics.....for now.....

Luke has been home a little more lately, which is always nice. He has been working weekends more now that I am in school, which is a bummer, but we love it when he is around. A week and a half ago Grandma and Grandpa Spence came for a quick visit. We enjoyed their company and Jack loves his grandparents. The first night we just hung out and went out for dinner to Luke's favorite place (outback). Thursday, I went to class and they all went to the zoo, I hear that they had a good time. It is always nice for Jack and Luke to be able to spend time with Dennis and Sandy.

After they left, I got Jack and I packed up and we headed to Iowa for a few days. My dad picked us up from the airport and Jack and I had a great time hanging out with him for awhile. My dad recently started a new career (let me know if you need a financial planner :) ), so the times that we have come home lately, he has been able to pick us up and we've been able to spend time with him. I love seeing them get to know eachother. Grandma came home a little later and Jack had fun with her. She loves on him a TON and he knows that he'll get away with most things with her.

After that, we went to my mom's house. Caroline was anxiously awaiting our arrival. Grammy and Grandpa Wagner got home soon after and everyone showered Jack with love and attention. I love how much everyone loves Jack, he's such a special little guy. Saturday we went to Caroline's soccer game and we saw them DOMINATE the other team, she has quite a good soccer team. Something about those Nevada girls!!! Nicole and Jay stopped by for a while and we got to see them, which was great.

Saturday night mom, Mike and I went to see the Nights in Rondande IT SUCKED!!! HORRIBLE!!! Plus, old people having sex is never interesting....!! (even if you're older, my mom didn't like it either!) Liz watched Jack and they had fun, he LOVES his auntie Liz!

Sunday I met Amy and Amy for lunch. We had the Cafe, which was good, but Jack WAS NOT GOOD! It was the first time that I had ever been embarassed by him in a restaurant....the first of many I'm sure! SORRY GIRLS!! But, I had a good time chatting with the girls.

Sunday we went back to Dad and Karen's. Uncle Paul came home to visit, which was fun. Jack just smiled at him so much. CUTE!

Monday we flew back to Indiana. Jack is SUCH A GOOD FLIER!!!! He takes after his daddy. He was good on all of the flights and we made all of the flights too, which was great. We're so lucky that we have been having such easy times when we fly to Iowa, it is MUCH EASIER than driving.

PS Sorry that there are so few photos, I'm HORRIBLE about taking pictures when we're back in Iowa, so I don't have any from this trip, maybe next time?!?!?!

Also, Jack LOVES the vacuum, I've already started to put him to work!

No comments: